Family Photo - St. Simons Island

Family Photo - St. Simons Island

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby Essentials

Several of you have asked, "What do you need before the baby comes?" So, I made a list of things that we do not have and we will need. If any of you "mommies" out there know of anything else that I don't have listed, please let me know! There are other things that we have on our registries that we'd like, but we feel like these are the most important. Obviously, we will need bottles, diapers, and formula, but we don't want them to go bad or be the wrong kind. I listed items based on the registry that they are on. (Our Wal-Mart registry is a "Wish List"- NOT a Baby Registry.) We are desperate to find oval-shaped bassinet sheets!

Target

Boppy Cover (Safari)

Changing Pad

Changing Pad Covers

Bassinet Pads

Diaper Champ

Diaper Bag

Wipe Warmer

Mattress Pad (already have 1)

Crib Sheet

Wal-Mart

Boppy Bouncer Seat

Cribsheet 2-Pack

Aquarium Bathtub

Baby's 'R Us

MATTRESS (This is our #1 want.)

Chicco Car Seat Base
Mesh Crib Bumper

Humidifier
Swaddle Wrap/Blanket Sleepers

Dr. Brown's Bottle Gift Set

Dr. Brown's Drying Rack

Dr. Brown's Dishwasher Basket


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a humidifier is an essential item it can be your saving grace when they get sick or have allergies. Gracie uses hers everynight.

Rachel said...

Thanks! That will be a MUST then!

The Middleton's said...

Rachel, Good list! Be sure to get the BPA free Dr. Brown Bottles. Are you getting/wanting a stoller/infant car seat combo? The carseat will come with a base, but it is good to have another one for the other car or grandma's car.

Rachel said...

I am all up in the BPA free stuff. Thanks! Someone gave us a stroller/carseat combo with two bases, but we are going to give that to my mom to have for her car. I am hoping to use some credit card points to get the stroller that we want. Thanks for the tips!

Brittany said...

I'm not sure if you already have one or not, but I used my baby Bjorn a TON! That's also a way for you to have hands free while holding the baby! Also, a floor gym is very handy. My baby loved to lay under his starting at 2 months. Just let me know if there is something specific that you need and I will see if I have it. Brayden is almost 6 months now and is growing out of some of his infant things.

Rachel said...

I have an infantino carrier, and Blythe gave us her floor gym. We need all sorts of stuff- I just put the main things on our blog. (Those are the things that my Mom said were a must.) Any help would be very much appreciated, Brittany! Thank you!