Family Photo - St. Simons Island

Family Photo - St. Simons Island

Monday, November 30, 2009

So Thankful!

I always knew that my perception of holidays would change once I had a child. I had no idea how much. I want everything to be simple and perfect for Mollie. I want to be with her. I want to be with her Daddy. I want her to feel loved and feel how much her parents love each other. That right there is what the holidays mean to me now.

On Thanksgiving, we spent the holidays with both of our parents and families. It was nice getting to relax and enjoy the day together. Mollie slept for a good part of the day and made faces across the table while we ate. She had a smile for everyone.

I am already looking forward to her first Christmas. I don't want to rush the days leading up to it at all, but there is so much to look forward to. We can't wait to see her yank at Santa's beard, rip wrapping paper- which I am sure she can already do, laugh at a holiday wind-up toy, stare at the lights in amazement, put on her Christmas dress for church, and I really can't wait to hold her on Christmas Eve and let it all sink in. Last year, being pregnant, Christmas took on a new meaning for me. Now, having a miracle baby of our own, I know it will just be unbelievable. I can't wait to really, really feel that meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

The Middleton's said...

What a beautiful family! We hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!